Last Updated: 5/30/16
Add info about me, widgets and my interests and health-related activities as the principle author of this site
ResearchGate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Freya_Magnusson
My artwork page: http://freya-magnusson.fineartamerica.com
I'm a US Citizen, 3rd generation native San Franciscan on both sides of my family. 4th if you count that my great grandparents on both sides emigrated here.
Below is a list of good health habits that I've cultivated over the years. At times certain items drop off the list, but overall, these are excellent health habits that I keep in regular check to make sure I'm in balance.
My Good Health Habits:
- Acupuncture - once a month
- Chiropractic - once a month
- High Hydration - a gallon of purified water a day
- Organic Food when possible
- Non-Processed Food Makes Up the Vast Majority of My Intake
- Sleep (8 hours a day)
- Time with pet
- Beautifying Rituals
- Limiting Sugar Products
- Working out with Weights
- Limiting Alcohol
- Limiting Caffeine (For some constitutions it's an energizer, for others it's detrimental to other aspects of health and well-being)
- Meaningful Work Involvement
- Vacations - Staycations
- Personal/Spiritual Growth Education
- Keeping a Social Life
- Castor Oil Massage
- Nutritional Supplementation
- Sense of Humor - Watching Comedies
- A Bowel Movement Each Day
- High Fiber - Low Fat Diet
- Monthly Gall Bladder/Liver Cleanse
- Probiotic Supplementation
- SPF Mindfulness
- Epsom Salt Baths - with Dead Sea Salt and Baking Soda
- Foot Detox Baths
- Dry Skin Brushing
- Psychotherapy - Once a Month with an LCSW.
- Making Optimal Health the Goal
- Following the 90-10 rule (90% on track, 10% anything goes)
- Dental Checkups and Care as Needed
- Eye Checkups and Care as Needed
- Annual Physical and Medical/OBGYN Checkups as Needed with my MD & NP.
- Visual Check on the Seven Chakras to Make Sure Each One is Getting Attention.
- Active Goal Setting and Taking Action to Achieve Personal and Professional Goals
- Being an active reader
- Using WalkFit orthotics designed by podiatrists to improve stability, reduce foot pain, and improve structural alignment from toe to head.
A word about psychoanalysis. I got into therapy as a patient in February 2014 and found it to be an excellent self-care regimen. The most important thing I have learned since being in therapy was something I wish someone would have told me about years before. That is: you will not become overwhelmed if you go. You will never become so overwhelmed that you can't function. My mind, probably like many people's minds out there told me the false message that if I went to therapy, I would become overwhelmed and consumed by pain. Not the case. Had I known then what I know now, I would have spared myself a lot of suffering and been in therapy years before. So, I'm using this platform to tell anyone reading this....if you go...you will NOT become overwhelmed. Trust me on that. Many important things got healed in my life from receiving therapy and now I use it as a self-care regimen. In my opinion, having a therapist is just as important as having a doctor, dentist and good optomitrist in your life. If you're not in therapy, I highly recommend you check it out.
Partial Employment History and Letters of Recommendation:
Partial Volunteer History:
Member and former Chapter President of Phi Theta Kappa - Alpha Omega Lambda Chapter:
Professional Member of IM4US: Integrative Medicine For the Underserved https://im4us.org/app/Home